Help! My doesn’t work anymore!
Every day people come to us in panic: help my Phone doesn’t work anymore! Panic in the tent! You want to call De techREUS right away, but that is of course difficult without a working telephone. What to do? The solution is often relatively simple, but we have written a step-by-step plan to find out exactly what is going on.
1. Try to reset the phone
The first thing to try when your iPhone no longer works is a reset, this is the solution in most cases. Read more about this in the ‘ how to do a hard reset on your iPhone ‘ blog.
2. Try different chargers and plug blocks
When your iPhone no longer works, it is obvious that you first put it on the charger. If no battery icon appears, either:
- The phone is so empty that even the red battery icon does not charge yet, so leave the phone on the charger for at least 15 minutes.
- Your plug block or charging cable no longer works.
- There is dust in your dock connector .
In the second case, it is advisable to try different cables and plug blocks. If you don’t have any other plug blocks, you can also connect the charging cable to the USB port of your computer.
When there is dust in your charging port (dock connector), your charger cannot make good contact, so that either no battery icon appears, or a battery icon appears but the phone does not turn on after being in the charger for a long time. If this is the case, try gently removing the dust with tweezers or a needle. You can always visit one of our branches for this, removing dust is free and falls under our free APK .
3. Your battery or dock connector is broken
If you have tried steps 1 & 2, there is a good chance that the battery or the dock connector is broken. This can be due to age, water damage or incorrect charging of the phone. Especially the use of cheap counterfeit chargers is bad and can damage your phone.
4. Your screen is broken (you can hear sound and the phone also vibrates).
If you do hear sounds and hear the phone vibrate, it may be that the screen is broken, or the phone needs a battery reset. In the first case a new screen has to be placed, in the second case it is just a matter of clicking the battery loose and in place. See our prices for the cost of replacing the screen.
5. Your iPhone no longer works due to motherboard damage
6. iPhone does nothing anymore because your screen hangs on Apple logo after startup.
It sounds like you are dealing with a Bootloop. Click here: iPhone won’t start because Apple logo hangs.